Friday, July 5, 2013

“Little Miracles” in the “Big Apple” (Part I)

Whenever I return from the Las Vegas International CES conference, I always write about the amazing products or technologies that were launched and displayed at the exhibits.  I call them “little miracles”, magic, or mind-boggling technologies in the Sin City.

For those that I have sampled and tested, I wrote product reviews.  Some may or may not qualify as miracles but they definitely possessed useful and awesome features.

I just returned from the New York City CES Mid-Year Conference, which was also called the CE (Consumer Electronics) Week.  As in Las Vegas, I went to NYC  looking for “little miracles”.  I was interested in new products and /or technologies that should never bore me to sleep especially in the “City that never sleeps”.  There were quite a number – some little but some also big.  Let me focus on the former.

CYNAPS CONNECT V2

In hot summer weather or when it rains intermittently, it is quite convenient to have a hat with you.  It could either protect your head from the rays of the sun or from the rain showers.

However, this is not the reason why I like the CYNAPS Connect although the convenience is there.  What impresses is that it is the world’s first Bluetooth bone conduction headset in a hat.   Having paired and connected it with my iPhone and wearing it, I can answer calls and listen to music from my phone without earphones.

Using a special blend of polyester, the hat is a custom made and lightweight sport cap that keeps you dry all day.  This is because the cap instantly draws sweat away from the head allowing it to evaporate quickly and keep you cool.

The CYNAPS Connect V2 has a new feature that works with voice commands for iPhones.  I understand that it also works with Android phones but I have not tried it.  Just press the bill and say the command!

Its manufacturer, Max Virtual LLC also offers other products that are in line for distribution.  One is a hearing enhancement feature that is also installed in the hat.  I hope to receive a sample product for review as soon as it becomes available.

LIFEPROOF iPHONE CASE

What makes the LIFEPROOF Case amazing and a “little miracle”?  When the case is used for my iPhone 4S, it becomes waterproof, snow proof, dirt proof, and shock proof!

I have yet to test the snow proof feature because it is summer in Virginia, but I have every reason to believe that it is also true as advertised and as I observed with the other features.

As tested also by other users, there are several reasons why they prefer LIFEPROOF Case.  One, while fully protected by the case, all the phone features remain.  Two, you can swim and take to 6.6 ft underwater without harming the device.  Three, there is always protection against daily hazards.  Four, the degree of protection from shock and impact is quite high.  Five, it is fully sealed from dust particles.  Six, they like its ultra-slim design.

Nowadays, our smartphones are always with us, or least near us.  Whether we are in the kitchen, in the bathtub, in the pool, in the gym, office, in bed, in the shower – anywhere.  We do not want to miss any call, any message, texts, tweets or updates.  We want music, videos, news or our eBooks available to us all the time.  

The fear that we drop it in any place with water or in any place that could damage our phones was always a concern.

LIFEPROOF Case somehow eradicates that fear!  I will get one for my wife and encourage our readers to buy it too.





No comments:

Post a Comment