Thursday, July 18, 2013

“Little Miracles” in the “Big Apple” (Part III)


I am continuing my review on the sample products that I received after my trip to New York City for CE Week a few weeks ago.  While the products are quite useful and amazing in many respects, I must say that some do not really fall in the category of being a “little miracle”.  But my readers still deserve to be informed as to what the latest are in the consumer technology field.

BELL‘O DIGITAL BDH821 HEADPHONE

I have a collection of headphones and earphones.  I go to the gym six times a week.  I have used and tested them interchangeably.  For convenience and comfort, I have used the “in-ear” earphones more often.  Sometimes, I substitute the “out of ear” headphones especially when the “in-ear” earphones get to be irritating or when I want to be able to listen to my surroundings simultaneously.

I tried using my “over the ear” headphones to the gym as I did with the Bell’O BDH821 in order to test it for this review.  Of course, as expected, compared to the “in-ear” earphones and “out of ear” headphones, nothing beats the Bell’O headphone in noise isolation.  Even when compared to other “over the ear” headphones, it produces a nice warm sound output.  I am particularly impressed with the way the bass is clearly and distinguishably incorporated that you could both hear and feel it as you raise the volume.  

At home I have been using the Bell’O headphone for movie watching aside from listening to stereo music.  I also asked my friends including musicians and guests at home to test it.  All were unanimous in praising the headphone for the brilliant stereo performance in music delivery.

They are even as impressed with the design and with the price when I told them that they could buy it retail for $49.99.

For the design, I am posting some photos of the Bell’O headphone.  It is similar to what I am currently using.

The bigger cups are supposed to deliver bigger and better sound.  My experience indicates that they do.  The cups ear cushions are very comfortable and deliver a sufficient amount of grip.

As you can see in the picture, the hinge connecting the cups and headband is made from a very light and soft in touch plastic rubber.  

The reinforced cable is fabric-covered, which basically resists tangling and making it easier and quicker to manage.

It also has an all-in-one control and good quality microphone, which enables the user to answer and end calls, skip and go back on tracks, and pause and play music.



NITRO RETRACT FOR IPAD

I love my iPAD.  I never leave home without it.  I made sure that it had all the features plus the maximum memory it could handle when I bought it.  I installed more than 400 Apps to make sure that I do not miss out on anything.

Of course, it has the maximum protection not only for its contents but also for its physical integrity.  The cover, the case, and even the stand matter to me.

When I was attending CE Weekend, I was carrying my iPAD which is covered by a Woodchuck case customized so that my device is identified as my personal property.  It also has a cover/stand over it, which was made famous in Macworld by its name Kama Sutra due to various positions that the stand could be used.

Since the time I received the Nitro Retract for iPAD sample for review and testing however, I never stopped using it.  My iPAD is still covered by a Woodchuck case that gives its first layer of physical and legal protection but now it is inside the Nitro Retract for iPAD.

I like this new travel case for my iPAD!   Its patented CQ Zip Line technology conceals an innovative shoulder sling that retracts when not in use.  When I want to be hands-free I wear it over the shoulder or across the body.  When it is over my shoulder, I can calibrate the strap to remain at any desired height with a simple pull.  This ability to give me access to my smartphones freely or do other things with my hands without being bothered to protect my iPAD is indeed a distinct advantage for travellers or people on the go like me.

It is very easy to use.  It is not just a case and a cover; it is also a stand that allows multiple viewing angles.  Its retractable shoulder strap is strong, never tangles or knots, and of course, durable.

It is now the cover, stand, and travel case of my choice for my iPAD.


NITRO RETRACT for iPAD


No comments:

Post a Comment